Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Ask me about year 2015

Happy new year 2016!

As usual I will complete an annual, "Ask me about the year" fact sheet.

Ask me about year 2015

1. What did you do in year 2015 that you'd never done before?


Good realization, I did not do anything in 2015 that I'd never done before. It must only mean one thing, I did not push myself out of my own comfort zone. 

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I achieved 3 out of 4 new year resolutions. The one I did not achieve was 50% out of my control. I must say I did pretty good!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, my beloved grandmother. Someone who have taken care of me before I could walk. Carried me on her back to school, fed me when I am hungry, rubbed my tummy when I am sick and means the world to me.

It taught me one thing, family comes first. Everyone else does not matter, at all.

5. What countries did you visit?

I visited Singapore in May with my family. During Christmas we were at London, UK and Paris, France as well. 

6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?

Increased ability to have an IDGAF attitude towards things and people that do not matter.

7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

30 January 2015 the day my grandmother passed away.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Eliminating toxic people and distancing myself from people who were not very positive in my life.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Nothing, I did not fail at anything.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

3 days of unpaid leave for year end.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

N/A

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled?

No one because those who matter did nothing appalling and those who does not matter can be as appalling as they can be and IDGAF.

14. Where did most of your money go?

In my savings bank account (true story).

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Reuniting with my family during Christmas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2015?

N/A

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner of fatter? (c) richer or poorer?

Happier, fatter and richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Seeing my grandmother more often when I had the time to do so.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Working inefficiently.

20. How did you spend your Christmas?

With my family as always.

21. Did you fall in love in 2015?

Yes, I did again and again since 21st July 2011.

22. What was your favourite TV program?

The Legend of Qin

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No one, I eliminated them right away.

24. What was the best book you read?

David and Golliath by Malcom Gladwell.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

N/A

26. What did you want and get?

I wanted my boyfriend to get into a good job at a huge corporation and he did. In fact, he did very well. Better than I had in the same year.

27. What did you want and not get?

N/A

28. What was your favourite film of this year?

The Martian.

29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

My boyfriend got a very good job.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?

Adventurous.

31. What kept you sane?

Love.

32. Which celebrity/ public figure did you fancy the most?

Michelle Chen Yan Xi

33. What political issue stirred you the most?

N/A

34. Who did you miss?

My family.

35. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2015.

I learned that in the corporate world, genuine people are hard to come by. People are selfish. Therefore, if you find someone who is genuine to you, hold on to them and be genuine in return.

In addition, I learned that letting go of people who are not good for your soul is very refreshing.

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

And then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive. So when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong, and you'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you.


Happy New Year 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment